Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsFAQRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

Share | 

The Jerryatics Hit the Hollywood Bowl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carousal

PostSubject: The Jerryatics Hit the Hollywood Bowl   September 24th 2011, 9:48 am

“Never since the Beatles opened at the Shea Stadium in 1964 has such a music phenomena hit these shores.
Next Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl the Jerryatics open their tour of the U.S.A.

"I have here with me Dr Fogg the Jerryatics road manager. Tell me Doctor I believe you discovered the Jerryatics?"

“Yes that’s right they are all my guests from the Sunset Home for retired Gentlefolk."
"Amazing. How did it all come about?”
“Well to tell the truth things were getting a bit flat at the Home, apart from Bingo on Saturday night and the Zimmer run on Sunday morning there wasn’t much to look forward to. So one day I happened to be rummaging around in the attic I found an old box,inside was a recipe by my great, great Granddaddy Grunger Fogg written a few days before they hung him.”

“Hung Him?”

“Yeah, well apparently there was this young maiden out Little Piddeldown way and one night Old Grunger-“
“Yes, well moving on.”
“Well this recipe was for a rejuvenation potion and it must have worked because Old Grunger was eighty four when he met the young maiden in Fowley Woods. The ingredients were tricky though, one was for the Lesser Spotted Rag Wort to be picked by the light of the full moon.”
“Ah, like the Edelweiss”
“The what?”
“Never mind. Go on”

“That’s it really, I popped the potion into their bedtime coca and bingo Walt ditched the banjo and took up the lead guitar, Sidney on base guitar Plunger on drums Norman on Harpsichord and vibes and Beryl lead singer.”

“Sounds great, tell me do you write your own songs?”

“Sort of, mostly we update the old ones.”
“That’s interesting can you give us a sample”
“Well there’s ‘I left my heart in Saffron Walden’, the duet Beryl sings with Norman based on Sonny and Cher’s hit ‘I Don’t like you Babe’ and the one we did on a gig at the home base of the S.A.S. I tell you when Beryl gave out with ‘Moonlight over Milton Keynes’ the sight of these psychos crying on each others shoulders, well it hit you right here, you have got to hear it.”

“ Can’t wait; tell me I’ve hear Beryl turns into a vampire at the end of the show and bites Plunger”
Yeah well that’s a special put on for you Yanks, I mean you have got more bloody vampires over here than they have in Transylvania

Thank you Dr Fogg Well that’s it folks don’t forget Hollywood Bowl Saturday night; it will be a gas, BE THERE!!
Don’t forget, you heard it first on Fox News

Back to top Go down
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The Jerryatics Hit the Hollywood Bowl   September 25th 2011, 11:08 am

sounds like a great concert, I can't wait to go as the last 24 Rolling Stone's "Goodbye Ya'All" tours have not been quite the same since they dug Kieth Richards back up from the grave.. I wonder what Grunger Fogg's formula would do for him?

enjoyed much, although you should know that vampires are only popular in California and Iowa, the other 48 states seem to enjoy former superhero's from the 1950's that try and make yet another comeback..

~ Daniel

Back to top Go down
http://foggyd.wordpress.com
Carousal

PostSubject: Re: The Jerryatics Hit the Hollywood Bowl   September 25th 2011, 11:33 am

Yeah it’s tough on the Stones but they can’t match the offer which Foggy got from Macca.

Sorry about the Vamps, I got the info from the teenies on TPS.
Back to top Go down
Dr Fogg

PostSubject: Re: The Jerryatics Hit the Hollywood Bowl   September 26th 2011, 6:56 am

"Thank you Dr Fogg Well that’s it folks don’t forget Hollywood Bowl Saturday night; it will be a gas, BE THERE!! "

Well in fact it literaly was a gas! The audience being mostly geriatrics expressed there excitement with twenty thousand little indiscetions, the stadium was cleared several times on health and safety grounds. It was finaly abandoned after Fogg did his rendition of "blowing in the wind".

~

Back to top Go down
http://foggyd.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jerryatics Hit the Hollywood Bowl   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: Humor-
Jump to: