Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsFAQRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

Share | 

Changing layouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamie

PostChanging layouts

Hi everyone,

We're getting rid of our Portal Page and changing the layout a bit to include everything on one main page. I hope you like the changes. It should make the site a bit easier to navigate.

There are still a few tweaks to be made to the appearance of the new slide feature above, but we think it will help visibility of different parts of the site.

You're welcome to reply with any thoughts, concerns, complaints, or suggestions by replying to this thread. Or you can PM me if you'd rather do that. Smile

Happy posting!

Please reply to 2 poems for each original piece that you post. Taking time to read others' work and leave them comments encourages them to do the same, keeping the forums active & interactive.

Cavalry Scream Chicken
Back to top Go down
http://poetshare.forumotion.com
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Changing layouts :: Comments

Re: Changing layouts
Post on March 16th 2012, 7:07 am by Daniel
Looks awesome Mr. J, I shall explore more after work!
Post on March 19th 2012, 4:33 pm by Jamie
We've added a new Blog section for people who want to have a blog but don't want to bother setting one up on wordpress, blogger, etc. Now just create a thread in the Blog board, and that's the url for your personal blog. Smile
Post on March 19th 2012, 10:33 pm by Daniel
wowzers Jamie, is there nothing you can't do? how'bout gett'en my boss to give next week off with pay? i'll send you her phone number in a future message.

cheers
Post on March 20th 2012, 8:57 am by Jamie
You should now see a small "ChatBox" popup in the lower lefthand corner as well.
Post on March 21st 2012, 11:36 am by Isobelle
WOW Smile The site looks amazing Jamie Smile You have worked so hard. I wish my darned muse would return xxxxxx Miss you guys x flower Hoping y'all are fine and dandy xx love K xx
Post on March 21st 2012, 9:32 pm by Jamie
Thanks, guys. Good to see you here, Kerry! Smile I know what you mean, I've not written much in a while. Sad

Now would be a really good time for people to offer up their opinions on anything they like/don't like. Anyone. Smile
Post on March 22nd 2012, 6:28 pm by Daniel
just for the giggles I tried to log into the chat (even although I knew it would be empty) but the computer would not let me sign in to it.. it brought up the room but that was all..

I enjoy blogs.. although I honestly don't find the time to write on the one I do keep it is a fun way of getting your ideas across.. however, should I link THIS blog here to facebook (like I do my blog at wordpress) will it allow people to read it or do they have to be members of PoetShare?

UPDATE: I did get the chatroom to work as long as I went in from the bottom of the main page instead of the link at the top..

ps- for some strange reason.. everything I comment to here at PoetShare and then others comment to the same thread after me, there is a e-mail sent to my account.. I'm not sure why this just started recently as I never changed anything in my profile but it seems now I'm "watching" things and I wasn't before.. I'll have to explore and see if I can turn it off..
Post on March 22nd 2012, 10:48 pm by Jamie
Everyone should be able to read this News blog; it's set to "guests."

I switched the forums from phpbb3 to phpbb2 and that probably reset everyone's "watching" to "yes." You should be able to turn it off in your profile. I'll check if there's a master setting.

And I'll check out the chat problem. Stay tuned!
Post on March 22nd 2012, 10:57 pm by Jamie
Yeah, chatbox only works through the popup now. I removed it from the main menu.
Post on March 22nd 2012, 10:59 pm by Jamie
Just noticed that apparently signatures don't appear in blog comments. That's interesting.

To shut off "notify of replies" go to your profile, then go to the Preferences section. It's in there. I'm still looking for a generic master shutoff for it.
Post  by Sponsored content

Changing layouts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: News-
Jump to: