Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

...Never A Bride

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sicksoul

sicksoul

...Never A Bride Empty
PostSubject: ...Never A Bride   ...Never A Bride EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 9:16 pm

She better hope I'm never a bride
Two days grace is more than I can face,
Three is a catastrophe,
So I'm saving it for later,
when the casualties will be few
and exceedingly far between...

I love her, I do
a sister is a sister..
I suppose that's why
she chose pink

Its the ultimate:
"Play Barbie for me!"

So when she pulled a dress
that matched the bubblegum
I was suddenly choking on
I couldn't say no

It'll go quite lovely with my
high & not quite tight,
tattoos, and scar tissue
But I'll not bother to argue

Make-up is a many splendored thing
You can paint "votre tout-petit" pretty,
Pose me as your crystalline rose,
a spot of broken in your bouquet
it'll go unnoticed, that's ok

I love you, too.

Just know my Barbie, mon petit
that should I find my "Rob" or "White"
you'll be playing Zombie queen for me,
A virtuous rose devoured by my beasts
Back to top Go down
Carousal

Carousal

...Never A Bride Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...Never A Bride   ...Never A Bride EmptyApril 6th 2013, 6:34 am

So glad to have found this delightful piece this morning. I have often thought that the way we plaster a sickly layer of manufactured sentiment on the proceedings a bit weird. £500 for a dress that is worn only once, the bride veiled in virgin white with her two children as bridesmaids trailing behind her and the groom who has been so fortified with Dutch courage that he has to be supported physically by the bride’s brother who he can’t stand etc.

You have made me feel your contempt for this charade; yep I’m with you all the way, it has the bonus of being well written too.

Exalt

Regards Cari
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

...Never A Bride Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...Never A Bride   ...Never A Bride EmptyApril 6th 2013, 5:50 pm

*snickers*

The only better revenge IMO would be waiting until you're both older for you to marry, so her silver hair goes nicely with the black lipstick. Wink

Made me chuckle at the end, and I may use that last line as my inspiration for today's Daily Poetry Prompt. *exalt*, of course!
Back to top Go down
https://poetshare.forumotion.com
nortan223

nortan223

...Never A Bride Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...Never A Bride   ...Never A Bride EmptyApril 7th 2013, 6:49 am

An apparently light hearted poem that conveyed a serious message.. This was picked up by Carousel and I found myself going along with everything she said.
The whole rigmarole is nothing but a moneymaking farce.

My wife and I drove up to the Registrar's Office in our old Morris Minor, and had ten people to lunch.
We also waited for two years before we could afford to have kids.
49 years later, we're still together. There must be a moral (and possibly another poem) there somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

...Never A Bride Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...Never A Bride   ...Never A Bride Empty

Back to top Go down

...Never A Bride
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: Humor-
Jump to: