Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

How To Exalt/What is Karma

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie

Jamie

How To Exalt/What is Karma Empty
PostSubject: How To Exalt/What is Karma   How To Exalt/What is Karma EmptyMarch 15th 2010, 12:17 am

Karma is an indication of how many times people have voted to give you a point for whatever reason they decide: good poetry, a friendly gesture, etc. Your Karma displays in your mini-profile (the section beneath your avatar when you make a post).

There are Two ways to grant karma, otherwise known as an "exalt":

1) Each post has a + and - sign on the righthand side. I've disabled the minus so it won't take away points but it does make a red mark so don't hit it, and the + sign will give an exalt. A green line will appear indicating that you've voted for that person in that comment.

2) An actual "Exalt" button should appear in replies to your posts. It does not appear in the initial post of any thread but does appear in Replies to your posts only. Only one of these may be given per thread.

+ Sign Exalts may be given every 30 minutes. Smile There is no time limit to karma. You can give it as frequently as you can find a plus sign.

Whatever "post" you click the plus sign in, it gives a karma point to the poster. So if you click the plus in a reply, it gives a point to the person who replied. If you click the plus in the original post of a topic, e.g. the poem itself, you give the poet who wrote the poem a karma point.

You can give a lot of karma around here.

In addition, you may notice that in the comments/replies to threads/topics that you start, you will also see an extra "Exalt" button in the replies to your topic. You can only click this in one reply per thread that you start, if that makes sense. It's a thank you system that I've turned into an extra way to give karma for a reply you may particularly appreciate, but it only works once per thread.

Feel free to leave questions regarding Karma/Exalts as replies to this thread and I'll answer them as I see them.

J-

Last edited by Jamie on September 12th 2012, 9:55 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : updating)
Back to top Go down
https://poetshare.forumotion.com
ladymaybebaby

ladymaybebaby

PostSubject: Re: How To Exalt/What is Karma   How To Exalt/What is Karma EmptyJuly 3rd 2012, 1:13 pm

I read over the FAQ over and over. Let me see if I have this right. I leave a reply, then if I want to give an exalt to that poem, I hit the plus sign in the original posters thread or the plus sign in the right side of the box? Is that right?

-Robin
Back to top Go down
ladylilith

ladylilith

PostSubject: Re: How To Exalt/What is Karma   How To Exalt/What is Karma EmptyJuly 3rd 2012, 1:32 pm

Oh! Oh! I know the answer to this one.. I think.. Yeah! You're right. (I've just found that button too)

If you wanna exalt a poem, click on the plus sign to the right of it.

Sorted! Thank You, Thank You
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: How To Exalt/What is Karma   How To Exalt/What is Karma EmptyJuly 3rd 2012, 1:38 pm

Whatever "post" you click the plus sign in, it gives a karma point to the poster. So if you click the plus in a reply, it gives a point to the person who replied. You can give a lot of karma around here.

In topics that you post, you will also see an extra "Exalt" button in the replies to your topic. You can only click this for one reply per "your" topic, if that makes sense. It's like a thank you for a reply, once per thread.
Back to top Go down
https://poetshare.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Exalt/What is Karma   How To Exalt/What is Karma Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Exalt/What is Karma
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: FAQs and Terms of Service-
Jump to: