Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

The origin of Porridge

Go down 
+5
silverhenge
AmiRose
Procella
Baseball Poetess
Dr Fogg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Fogg

Dr Fogg

The origin of Porridge Empty
PostSubject: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptySeptember 3rd 2012, 6:20 pm

The origin of Porridge Porridge

The Origin of Porridge.

When considering a products origin
Just think of bowls, with porridge in
This humble fare is an example
Of how mistakes can create a sample.

In Scotland thirteen twenty two
Donald McFoggerty had an outside loo.
Taken short whilst feeding the horse
He ran to the dunny, quickly of course.

The bucket of oats he had been holding
Was placed on the floor as events were unfolding
But the roof had a leak and the oats got soaked
When they swole, the finest of smells was evoked.

Donald dipped in his cleanest finger
And tasted a taste that forever did linger
So now you know the humble origin
Of a wonderful bowl with Scottish porridge in.

~
Dr FoggCopyright ©2012

Last edited by Dr Fogg on September 5th 2012, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://foggyd.wordpress.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptySeptember 4th 2012, 10:17 am

LOL! Oh Foggy, how i enjoyed this! EXALT! tc
Back to top Go down
Baseball Poetess

Baseball Poetess

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptySeptember 5th 2012, 2:53 pm

hahahaha

Interesting. I wasn't even sure what porridge was .... even though I'd heard tales where it made an appearance.
Back to top Go down
http://astroannie.com
Procella

Procella

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptySeptember 5th 2012, 6:42 pm

I knew there was a reason why I despised it can't even swallow the stuff. I'll be telling everyone this even if it isn't true which I hope it is. Dry as ever and hey you learn something new every day! Although now I feel a bit ill...

Thank you,

Abby x
Back to top Go down
AmiRose

AmiRose

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptySeptember 5th 2012, 8:06 pm

And to think I never knew where porridge came from!? :O Oh well still gonna eat it Smile Loved it as always!

Ami
Back to top Go down
silverhenge

silverhenge

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 2:15 pm

Really funny Foggy - I love the rhyming of 'origin' and 'porridge in' too Rocking Smile
Back to top Go down
Carousal

Carousal

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 4:40 pm

God Foggy you had me worried there, for one moment I thought no he’s not going to water the oats by himself is he? No you wouldn't do that would you ---- would you??

I got dragged into a Burns night celebration some years ago where they served up a pigs bladder filled with—no you don’t want to know, you really you don’t want to know.

Nice one Mate.
Back to top Go down
nakedpoet

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyNovember 7th 2012, 4:16 am

Creative and vary funny enjoyed highly.
Back to top Go down
Ladywildalice

Ladywildalice

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyNovember 7th 2012, 3:19 pm

Ah Foggy, I can always count on you for something deemed "inappropriate" on other sites, but really quite humorous. And such a teacher as well, always with a bit of History to take in and file away. I'm laughing here, though it is going to take something else to get rid of this picture in my head.........and it isn't a picture I want to tote around all day. LOL Thanks
Back to top Go down
nortan223

nortan223

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyMarch 26th 2013, 6:35 pm

For increasing my knowledge
Of how Scots made porridge
I was going to Exalt
But - you left out the salt. Shocked

Enjoyed the poem though
Back to top Go down
Dr Fogg

Dr Fogg

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyMarch 27th 2013, 5:57 am

You are quite correct Sir, porridge is no good without a pinch of salt. Thank you for all your kind comments. I realise that at 65 I am a mere lad and am most greatful for all the help i can get.
Back to top Go down
http://foggyd.wordpress.com
nortan223

nortan223

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge EmptyMarch 29th 2013, 9:20 am

Sir, I respect your humility and "youth". Regardless of my earlier comment, your poem did merit an Exalt - a spoonful of sugar etc.

Norman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Porridge   The origin of Porridge Empty

Back to top Go down

The origin of Porridge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: Humor-
Jump to: