Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

Independence Day

Go down 
+2
Daniel
Dr Fogg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Fogg

Dr Fogg

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 3rd 2010, 3:29 pm

Independence Day

George the third.
(Speaking to his footman Roger)

Tell me Woger is it wite
The Americans had a party?
And yet we got no invite
I think that’s weally farty.

Your Majesty t’was quite a shambles
At Boston by the sea
Those dammed colonials up rose
Destroying all our tea!

Oh Woger, not the tea
Those Amewicans are barbeweons
That weally is a twagedy
Almost beyond compareons.
(Remember George the third was mad)

That nation will come a cwopper
They’ll soon dance a diffewent tune
They’ve as much chance of survival
As walking on the moon.

Dr Fogg

Copyright ©2009. HW Harborne

Last edited by Drfogg on July 4th 2012, 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://foggyd.wordpress.com
Daniel

Daniel

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 3rd 2010, 6:07 pm

do you want the tea back? I'll have you know it was perfectly in our rights to throw it overboard as we bought it from Fergie.. however if you really want it back I got a few boxes of herbal tea I'll pack up and send your way, considering I'm never going to drink it..

George was mad.. but that idiot sent over to be Governor of New York, Edward Hyde, was totally whacked.. I think there must have been alot of looney nutjobs running around back then..

enjoyed,

~ Daniel
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 12:37 pm

Ah Foggy, I am a Yankee and proud of it! The Boston Tea Party was the best thing that ever happened for morale in America! You can have the tea back if you like, we all drink coffee from Brazil now, most of us do. Cute poem and a great spoof on the wicked man indeed! Roll Laughing Enjoyed
Back to top Go down
Carousal

Carousal

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 12th 2010, 6:37 am

Yeah cunning lot these Yanks Foggy, they got a country and the English language and we got in return Pizza Hut and bloody Line Dancing, no deal we want it back.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 12th 2010, 9:11 pm

Oddly enough, in your version, Foggy, Georgie was right in the end! We stood equal chance--success at both surviving and walking on the moon. Smile

(Independence Day) Wink
Back to top Go down
https://poetshare.forumotion.com
PCShogun

PCShogun

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 13th 2010, 12:13 am

Very witty and comical write. Much enjoyed.

I tend to forget that American holidays are not shared by our brothers across the water. I once got a very uncomfortable silence on a conference call to tech support as I asked the English gentlemen on the other end of the call how he felt having to work on a holiday (July 4th) weekend.
Back to top Go down
Marise

Marise

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 7:27 am

Having become recently infatuated with Amewican histowy, I absolutely loooved this.
Especially that closing stanza, it is something I found common throughout the research I have done; that looming mountain and the way those early Americans just put their heads down and found a way through or around or over or even under.
I don't think there is a single modern country that contributed so much to the modern world.

Much enjoyed, as always.

Back to top Go down
Dr Fogg

Dr Fogg

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 4th 2012, 6:40 am

I have bumped this up as my way of saying Happy Independence day, it is however my view that you would have been better off staying British but you don't seem to have done too badly.
Back to top Go down
Carousal

Carousal

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day EmptyJuly 5th 2012, 8:17 pm

Nah, we give it to you, we had a third of the world anyway back then and that’s enough for a tichy little island, sides the French, Dutch and Spaniards where getting a bit uppity back home. Priorities guys, Priorities. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day   Independence Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Independence Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: Humor-
Jump to: