Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

Roses for Jay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamie

Jamie

Roses for Jay Empty
PostRoses for Jay

This post is by Carousal

Jamie suggested that a rose bush as a lasting tribute to Jay but unfortunately it wasn’t possible for Jay’s family to take it, so I have bought one which is planted in a container in my garden and will post a picture every year on PS

Ideally maybe I should have ordered a white rose as they were Jay’s favourites but this was the only rose I could find that was named after a poem, The Lark Ascending and a famous pastoral piece of music with the same name because I know Jay also loved the English countryside, so hopefully it will be equally appropriate as a dedication to our dear friend.

I had to order especially ‘The Lark Ascending’ as it is a new rose this year and in very short supply so I have delayed telling you until I was sure that it had arrived. At last it has a few blooms (We have had a cold June over here)

Roses for Jay Pictur11

I also intend to have a small plaque made and placed in front of the rose with a few lines from the poem but I hit a snag because I couldn’t find the any lines that seemed appropriate and as it can be viewed on the web maybe I should have to acknowledge the copyright. Then I remembered an old poem I wrote on the Skylark and the last two stanzas seemed to fit the bill. So if no one objects I’ll settle for that.

Skylark

Soar little one
On brave wings
Of liquid melody
Higher, higher
~
Beyond the clouds
To reach the ear of God
Who bends his head
and smiles at beauty

I know classical music is not everyone’s cup of tea but please listen for just two minutes until when the violin plays alone and I guarantee you will hear the skylark sing. I can’t think that you will not be moved.

Regards everyone Cari.
Back to top Go down
https://poetshare.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Roses for Jay :: Comments

No Comment.

Roses for Jay

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here! :: Main :: Poetic Endeavors :: News-
Jump to: