Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!
Poet Share Poetry Forums: Your Poetry Here!
To access all of the forums guests can't see, you MUST register and then ACTIVATE THE EMAIL LINK SENT TO YOU or you will not be able to access the forums. You may login with your Facebook account after your initial login, but will still need to register if you haven't yet done so.

Please remember our policy of replying to 2 poems by other poets for every new poem you post! Thank you, and welcome to Poet Share!

HomeFront PageNewsMember BlogsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poet Share closed to any new posts on December 1, 2013. 
Thank you for your time with us, and your participation. 
Please direct all inquiries to poetshare@outlook.com

Come See Our New Forums at http://www.verses.boards.net

Had We But Worlds Enough, And Time . . .

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamie

Jamie

Had We But Worlds Enough, And Time . . .  Empty
PostHad We But Worlds Enough, And Time . . .

I never wanted to write this post.  Life, however, brings to us changes of necessity, not changes we want.

Unfortunately, and as evidenced by the past few months' activities, I do not have the time to properly govern the use of this site anymore.  While there are visitors every day, the posts by members are becoming fewer and farther between, and the staff participation is just as sparse.  

It is with deep, deep regret I must hereby announce that Poet Share's boards will be locked for any new posts as of December 1st.  The boards will remain viewable so that members may retrieve their work, and read others' work, however no new posting will be allowed for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
https://poetshare.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Had We But Worlds Enough, And Time . . . :: Comments

silverhenge
Re: Had We But Worlds Enough, And Time . . .
Post November 5th 2013, 3:32 pm by silverhenge
Such sad news Jamie. I really enjoyed my time here and the feedback's always been amazing. I shall miss Poet Share greatly.
Jamie
Post November 7th 2013, 6:26 pm by Jamie
Thank you, my friend.  Quality has never been a weak point here, with some fine writers and awesome (the word's overused, but accurate here) staff, however my own available time is nothing like it used to be, and I think the same can be said for many of us.  Rather than let Poet Share die a slow death, I'd rather put it in suspended animation until there's a tangible change that would let it thrive again. It's not the same without AJ, and I can't keep trying to fight that. Without forgetting him, it's time for me to move on.  Despite the best intentions of the staff, I think we all avoid PS because it still hurts too much to walk in his shadow.

I hardly write anything any more, not much poetry, don't blog . . . and if I do start over and try to rebuild, I don't think it will be at Poet Share any more.  With what little time I have had available--and I'm sorry if this seems selfish--I've been tinkering with my "Imustbedreaming" board, because I love building forums almost as much as writing in them, and frankly learning new systems helps me in my profession; I learn tweaks to coding etc and can incorporate those skills at work.  

When I come here to Poet Share, and all I think about is what we used to be.  I think of AJ, and Harklight, and Kerry, and LadyB . . . neither Daniel nor I has the time or energy anymore to do them justice.  

This is a different world than the one we made.  I can't fix it.  I look around and PS no longer seems like Wonderland to me, but a mausoleum.  I don't want to be separated from the wonderful writers who've made PS mean so much, but--and it seems I said this recently about another site for different reasons entirely--this is no longer "Home."

But I can start over with something new, and different.  I have a different type of site in mind, a dream of something that's not a clone of everything else.  So I'm trying to develop that for now, while allowing myself to avoid the ghosts.

Anyone who wants to see what I'm working on is welcome over at the IMBD board, but I'm not making any promises or opening anything to the general public until there's a plan in place, a way to get to that dream, and the time to do it properly, with help to implement it and run the place on a regular basis. Who knows, it may take me 20 years. I guess it's my retirement plan.

Love to you all

J
Myth
Post November 22nd 2013, 12:42 pm by Myth
I have been sad in the past, and coming here has made me whole. Other than learning of Jay's passing, this is the only time coming here has made me sad.

I don't know any of you, and I love you all.

Please let me know when you start your new forum. I'd love to say hello from time to time.

Your friend always,

Michael (Myth)
Crimson.Dawn
Post November 23rd 2013, 3:12 am by Crimson.Dawn
I am saddened to hear this news. I just came back from the long time that I have been busy for my school thingys. As I planned to return to simply read poems to cultivate my barren mind (due to stressful duties), this news just devastated me (sorry for the term, but it's what my mind said the moment I learned about this).

I really had a good time here even for a short period only. I can still remember the time when I browsed my e-mail and I accidentally went over this verification mail for this board. Then I created a new account since the old one that I made got lost in my mind's register. And when I joined here, I heard the mourning of Jay's friends through their poems and messages.

As I ventured in the board, I tried to share some of my poems. I was happy when some would take time reading it and give comments. This one simply gives joy to my heart, for someone or somebody had appreciated my work. Not like in the outside world where nobody cares about me, this community made me feel that I am not new in here but instead they made me feel like I have been their friend long time ago.

One thing that I learned in this forum is that make your poem on the words you're comfortable to use with. Do not use words which you aren't acquainted with, and don't use words just for the sake of making an "intelligent-sounding" poem. The simplest words can make the most beautiful poem, I think.

Thanks to everyone who appreciated my work. Thanks to the moderators who helped me grow in the world full of poems.

I simply found my refuge here. And with its closure in the 1st, I don't know what to feel. But I respect that.

Had We But Worlds Enough, And Time . . .

Page 1 of 1